Opaque, bright white, breathable and self-priming mold and moisture resistant coating for the protection of structural and architectural construction materials in unconditioned and moisture prone spaces. For both interior and exterior use. Tintable to light to medium shades.
*Treated Articles Exemption - This product contains an EPA registered antimicrobial to protect the coating from non-public health fungi and odor causing bacteria. No public health claims are being made.
- Breathable to prevent dry or wet rot conditions
- Self-priming to cover stains and discoloration in one step
- Acts as a moisture barrier to prevent moisture content increases
- Forms a tough, resistant barrier to harsh environments and contaminants
- Abrasion resistant and scrubbable
- Tintable, Water-based and non-flammable
MaxGuard is used to protect most construction materials including treated and untreated lumber, OSB, particle board, masonry surfaces, concrete, brick, wallboard, composite construction materials and metals. Surfaces also include sheathing, trusses, framing, joists, plates, pillars, posts, beams and walls.
Consult SDS for details
For warranted best results, apply at 160 ft2 per gallon (800 ft2 per pail = 10 wet mils) based upon location, surface texture, porosity, age and application method. For best results, apply two even coats perpendicularly to each other (i.e. vertically and horizontally). Allow the first coat to dry to the touch before the second application. Does not include loss from over-spray or over-use.
Shelf Life & Storage